T4L is going VIRTUAL!
Starting Wednesday, March 18th, we will be moving to “in home” online training, through ZOOM, for all kid’s classes in an effort to do our part with following the guidelines of social distancing. The plan is to re-open for school group classes on Wednesday, April 1st. Adult training will still be available “in school” in the form of open mats Monday-Thursday at 7:15PM, for whoever wishes to come.
It only took an international pandemic and a state of emergency for me to solve every instructor’s age-old problem of “I don’t want to go to class today! Well, NOW, you don’t have to. I WILL come to you!
I’ve purchased all the video and microphone equipment necessary to make this experience as engaging, smooth, and and as fun as possible. But please understand, there will be some kinks to work out in the beginning, as I am not the most technically inclined.
I will be using Monday and Tuesday to iron everything out in order to be prepared for Wednesday’s classes. I will most likely be doing some trial runs to get better aquatinted with the equipment.
Again, we will still be fully operational but instead of my mats, we’ll be in your living room or anywhere else you create as a safe “Training Space.”
Situations like this are obviously not easy, but with an open mind we are forced to evolve and get creative. There are many perks to “at home” online training…
1) Parents: you will still be able to provide a structured extra-curricular activity for your kids to keep them learning, sweating, and improving, while at home.
2) Sibling and Parents have the chance to get involved and make this a unique time to connect with one another.
3) I am super excited to use this time to improve everyone’s striking technique. As a school, the kids are much stronger in their grappling and self-defense techniques. So, this is a welcomed challenge to improve our kicks, punches, flexibility, and conditioning. And, I am determined to do so.
4) Maintaining routine and structure in times of uncertainty.
5) Flexibility. The classes will be recorded. And, to my knowledge you will have access to them whenever, especially if normal class times don’t work. Students will still be taking their 2 classes/week.
Here is the class schedule:
1)Tiny Tigers is Monday thru Thursday at 4:15 (Same as before)
2)Kids and Teens, All Belts, will be Monday-Thursday at 5:15PM.
3) A Bonus Fitness Class will be Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30PM. Anyone who is reading this is welcome to join in…kids, teens, parents, BJJ students. EVERYONE. I figure if most of you are stuck at home, one of the best ways to deal with stress and keep your immune systems strong is to exercise.
4) Adult BJJ will be Monday and Wednesday at 6:30PM.
ALL ONLINE CLASSES WILL BE BETWEEN 30-35 MINUTES.
Will I need any equipment?
No. Although for our tiny tigers class I may ask mom or dad to hold a pillow up for pad hitting practice. I did this as a kid and it works great. Of course, if anyone has pads at home, that’s even better.
NUNCHUCKS! Our nunchuck training is going to be a big part of our online training. I have complementary nunchucks at the school for EVERYONE that you can pick up. I will be at the school normal work hours so I encourage everyone to stop in tomorrow or Tuesday to get your pair. I will keep them right by to door for your to grab and go.
You can expect the same level of commitment and instruction through our online classes as in our physical classes because that’s all I know how to do and what my mission is. Now, more than ever has it become vital to support our small businesses. Hitting a little too close to home, I can only hope you continue to support us at T4L during this temporary situation.